Hi everyone, Assalamualaikum. How was everyone’s first day of fasting yesterday? Mine was ….. I had better days.
Anyhoo, this Ramadhan I’ve decided to post a series called #RamadhanDiaries where I’ll post mostly on my (everyday) home-cooked menu, the best places (and worth the money) to have your Iftar with your loved ones and anything Ramadhan related I could think of. Do leave your suggestions if you wanna see any particular topics, I’ll be more than happy to blog about it. 🙂
Despite the tiredness yesterday, within an hour with the help from my lovely SS of course, we managed to cook a few dishes for our first Iftar. We had karipap sardin (appetizer), mushroom soup (appetizer), roast potatoes and broccoli (main), lemon garlic chicken (main) + gravy and air bandung soda to satisfy our thirst. Yup, all home-made/home-cooked except for the karipap sardin which I bought frozen from the kakak at my office and the mushroom soup is from Campbell. Oh and we succesfully refrained ourselves from going to the Ramadhan Bazaar (woohoo!) which I hope we are able to maintain this until the end of Ramadhan. Haha right as if that will happen.
So yes, in this post I will share with you guys the very easy, simple and quick Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe and the Garlic Broccoli Recipe I got off the internet. Here’s what you’ll need:-
Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe
20 oz or 4 chicken thighs (I used 8 small parts)
Sliced lemon, for garnishing
(feel free to add on/reduce to your liking)
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, optional
Pinch of salt
3 dashes ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped Parsley leaves
1. Mix all the ingredients in the Marinade in a bowl, whisk to combine well.
2.Marinate the chicken with the Marinade, in a bowl or in a plastic bag for 30 minutes, or best for 2 hours.
3. Fire up the grill and grill the chicken on both sides, until it’s cooked through and the skin is charred. You may bake the chicken in an oven at 400F for about 15-20 minutes, or pan-fried on a skillet on medium to low heat.
4. Serve the chicken warm with your favourite vegetables.
5. And you’re done! Easy kan?
I totally forgot to snap photos of the chicken, thank goodness there were 2 pieces left which we had for our Suhur this morning. Teehee
Garlic Broccoli Recipe
10 oz broccoli florets (or whatever amount you desire)
Water, for boiling
1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
Squirts of lemon juice
1. Heat up a pot of water and bring it to boil. Boil the broccoli florets for 1 minute. Drained and set aside.
2. Heat up a skillet on medium heat and add the melted butter and olive oil.
3. Saute the garlic until slightly browned before adding the broccoli. Toss with a spatula to combine well with the garlic.
4. Add salt and ground black pepper, to taste.
5. Add a squirt or two of lemon juice, stir to combine well with the broccoli.
6. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
And yep again I did not remember to take a close-up of the broccolli before they were all gone within minutes. Moving forward, promise I’ll make SS to remind me to snap close-up photos of the food hehe.
Hope this #RamadhanDiaries Menu will help you in any way possible, and if you do try any of the recipes do lemme know so that we can celebrate together on how easy cooking can be! Teeeheeeheeee.
Till tomorrow, In sha Allah,
Happy fasting everyone!