In exactly 10 days I will be turning 29, the last year of being in my 20s. I’m actually pretty terrified to be honest. Terrified that this year is my last year, before I turn thirtayh, to achieve things I’ve planned 10 years ago when I was about to turn 20.
Lately I’ve been asking myself, what have I achieved in the last 10 years and am I proud of myself so far? Have I collected enough memories in my 20s to proudly share them later on with my kids and grandkids? Am I where I dreamed of being back when I was 21? Wow….. too many questions, but no definite answers.
Nevertheless, as I grow older (infact, each day) I realised that everything that has happened were all Allah’s blessings and of course were silver linings for me, be it at that moment of time or later in life. Thus, at the age of 29 (yep it took me years) I am proud to admit that I finally understand:-
- why my parents were so protective of me (and still am) when I was in my early 20s;
- why graduating on time was critical;
- why pouring all your heart out for someone you’re unsure of was a rookie decision;
- why finding a lot of new friends in your early 20s is important because when you reach your late 20s you will only keep the few ‘boleh pakai’ ones;
- what “Live Your Life” in your 20s means;
and a whole lot more of “WHYs”. The 5 listed above are the ones I could and would always remember for eternity.
Okay enough going down memory lane (will save this for another post), time for the fun part and actual content for this post ie MY 29th BIRTHDAY WISH LIST. Yep Imma caps lock that just incase some people *ehem SS ehem* tak perasan kan. Teeheeee.
I’ve taken the liberty (and just cos I have ample spare time) and categorised my wish list into 3 categories ie books, accessories and makeup. BUT first and foremost, the most wanted GIFT and actually the only gift I want is this:-
Source : FB AnugerahQuran
Don’t think this needs further explanation, kan? Hehe. Do put us in your prayers and doakan kami berdua dimurahkan rezeki cahaya mata soon ya? Thank you loves. :’)
Now, here’s the list(s) of things I wouldn’t mind receiving on my birthday (or the whole month of May) or I would probably get them myself as a birthday treat, why not ay?
A. Books (and figurine) I’ve been wanting to have in my collection
1. After You by Jojo Moyes // 2. All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven // 3. Harry Potter Pop! Vinyl Figure // 4. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – Parts I & II (Special Rehearsal Edition): The Official Script Book of the Original West End Production // 5. Harry Potter Boxed Set: The Complete Collection (paperback) // 6.Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy // 7. Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella // 8.Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon
B. Accessories, which are mostly rose gold items (I know, so pretty right?!)
C. High End Makeup Items I’ve been contemplating to purchase because of their price tags
1.Beauty Blender // 2. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer – Ginger // 3. Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette // 4. Real techniques bold metal collection // 5. MAC Studio Conceal and Correct Palette Medium/Medium Deep // 6.Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer // 7. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder // 8. Too Faced Love Flush
What are your wishes for your birthday this year?
Till then, much love from me